12.1.16

Afrocenchix Product Review


Afrocenchix is a UK natural hair product brand black and female owned! Rachael and Joycelyn started making their own products in their kitchen as they couldn’t find any products that were all natural and didn’t irritate Rachael. Fast forward to now and the brand officially have a full line of 6 products.

I was luckily given 3 products from the line to try (all leave-in's) and they all have the word moisture in common! Check out my full review of each below..




SMOOTH Natural Hair Moisturiser - £12

The SMOOTH product is a leave-in conditioner which comes packaged in a standard bottle. It is a thick consistency (not watery) I am guessing due to the amazing moisturising ingredients. This moisturiser can be used daily, it helps to strengthen the hair and closes the hair cuticle allowing your strands to have maximum moisture.

I myself wouldn’t use this product daily as my hair gets build up easily! However if I co-wash in the middle of the week and then apply this before braiding or styling in a bun I get the best results. This product doesn’t give great definition but it isn’t made to do that so I wouldn’t recommend this as a wash and go product but it is great for adding moisture and I would use it if my hair was going to be in a protective style for a while.

The one thing I do not like as much about the product is that it has a strong Lemon scent (Which is crazy as I LOVE lemons!) but I feel like I didn’t take to it as a scent in a hair product. After a day or so the scent dies down but its quite strong at first.

Ingredients include: Aloe Vera, Shea Butter, Coconut Oil, Olive Oil and Lemon essential oil.



SHEEN Natural Moisturising Spray - £8

The SHEEN product is a great curl refresher and a simple go-to technique for when your hair is lacking moisture. It comes in a bottle also but has a spray top. It is great for refreshing twist outs and moisturises protective styles. I liked to use it when I found the ends of my braids or twists were drying and its great if you are having a lazy hair week and need to still moisturise your hair.

The ingredients are all natural still but differ to the SMOOTH as it includes more water based and lighter oils.

Ingredients include: Aloe Vera Juice, Grape Seed Oil, Lemon essential oil.



SEAL Natural Conditioning Hair Oil £10

The SEAL product comes in a pump bottle which I love as oils are usually a nightmare to apply to the hair but with this product you can measure how much you need easier and have more control of how much comes out.

This mix of amazing oils adds shine to the hair and is a sealant that reduces frizz. Its great to apply on top of the SMOOTH which is why again I said I wouldn’t use this daily.

Ingredients include: Olive Oil, Castor Oil, Coconut Oil, Jojoba Oil, Lemon essential oil.


Out of all the above products I would be more likely to purchase the SEAL product as it’s a great way to get all of the best oils in one and use for a hot oil treatment and sealant. I also think that the SHEEN is great value for money at only £8! 

 Thank you to Afrocenchix for allowing me to try out these products!
If you would like to purchase any of the above buy here: http://www.afrocenchix.com/

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© UK Curly Girl

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig