4.12.17

NUGG Hydrating Lip Mask & Exfoliating Lip Smoother Review


Unfortunately, winter is upon us here in the U.K "BOOO!" My least favourite time of year. I don't know about you guys but I always suffer from drier skin in the colder months which of course affects my lips too! Thankfully NUGG has gifted me with 2 lip care products to test out and prepare my lips for what's to come!

Exfoliating Lip Smoother (Retail Price £9.99)

I was immediately taken towards this product as I love lip scrubs but the laziness in me prevents me to use them lol. So it's great to buy a product ready made and easy to store for when you are ready to use it again. I am in love with the look of this little gem (exactly what it reminds me of) it has a chrome sleek look and a pink tone to it. After taking in the chic appearance, I then looked at the ingredients and was impressed as the product is 100% natural. 

It includes a vanilla aroma and ingredients include,
Cocoa butter 
Jojoba
Sugar granules 
Abyssinian Oil 

When you open the scrub you have to be very careful as it isn’t a balm texture, you can see the sugar granules that will naturally remove dead skin from your lips. The instructions say to scrub on the lips gently and then wipe off dry with a tissue. I opted for kitchen towel as toilet tissue would fall apart.

When rubbing gently (be careful not to be harsh as it can cause your skin to rip/bleed!) a little goes a long way and you can be gentle. I could feel my skin being removed and moisture restored. I saw a difference straight away! 

I would definitely buy this product only due to the fact that it looks cute, works well and I am to lazy to make my own... Great product!

Lip Moisturising Mask - (Retail price £9.99 ) 

A mask for the lips? I mean why not? they work well enough for our face and hair! Reading the product name at first, I thought wow why didn't I think of this earlier! So first impressions the packaging is gorgeous, I really just wanted to add it to my dresser as the chrome round packaging is so pretty and chic.

Next, I had a look at the ingredients and was also surprised as it included 100% natural ingredients which a lot of higher-end beauty brands usually say they are natural but are more like 80-90% natural (lol).

Ingredients include, 

Shea Butter 
Coconut Oil 
Liquorice Root Complex 

Next, when opening the lip mask it looked the same as most lip balms available on the market at the moment but had a totally different texture to it. The product feels like a lightweight face cream which was not was what I was expecting at all. I imagined it to be more of a thick mask that soaked into the lips overnight. Instead, it felt more of a thin film over the lips which did not feel nice and you are meant to leave overnight without touching your lips at all. 

The next morning I didn't see much difference and it definitely wasn't lip plumping (or maybe my lips are just already plumped in the mornings) but I felt no tingles at all which is what I would expect from a 'lip plumper'. I wouldn't purchase this product personally as I feel it didn't do much for me and I could have left a lip balm on overnight and probably get better results. 


When used together these products are the ultimate lip primer to create smooth moisturised lips so that your lipstick/gloss doesn't crack (which isn't attractive!).

I would 100% purchase the scrub as it is so practical and easy to use, it worked straight away and got rid of dry skin. 

However, these products are definitely for those who have the money to spend so if you want to really treat yourself they are nice little add-ons to buy and GREAT christmas gifts!

SHARE:

1 comment

  1. This looks like a perfect set of lip mask that is unique and easily solves the problem of dark and pigmented lips

    ReplyDelete

© UK Curly Girl

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig